Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Times (And Climate) Are A Changin'


I went to the hospital today to meet my new niece. She is beautiful and I am very proud of Melissa and Steven. Steven does have an awkward way of holding the little lady that makes me nervous to watch. I know he'd never drop her but... It just makes me nervous. Melissa is a natural though so I am sure he'll pick up on the tricks of the trade.

I rode my bike back home and when I got to the intersection at Diversey and Western, I had to stop for what seemed like an eternity because of traffic. That's when I saw some folks with sandwich boards and fliers. One of them was heading my way. There is an abortion clinic at that intersection and I thought to myself, "Please, do not let one of these people show me a picture of a dead baby after just seeing a brand new life." Thankfully, they spared me that.

Instead, they tried to give me a pamphlet calling global warming a hoax and that Al Gore and his cronies are part of a massive conspiracy to benefit Democrats and that this science insulted god somehow. Now I wanted to tell them, "That's an abortion clinic over there, ya know?"

I am so sick of people arguing for or against global warming. Even if you're one of those folks who thinks it is a hoax (I call them nut-jobs), you still know that we are damaging our planet. I mean, these people were standing in the middle of Western Ave. . There had to be a few times today when they held their breath when a cloud of exhaust fumes got in their face. Why would anyone try to stop a movement that will improve our environment and enhance our quality of life? Fucking retards.

2 comments:

kroushlconflict said...

I'm so happy to hear about the new niece! Great news! I think all new fathers have that weird baby-holding thing at first. It's so cute.

Moderator said...

When I was a kid, my favorite thing about going to Chicago was the smell of diesel fuel from giant CTA buses.

Congratulations on Unclehood. I hope you're offering to babysit!