Monday, October 22, 2007

New Greatest Generation

I don't know if any body else was paying attention when the above phrase started getting floated around pretty heavily a few weeks ago in reference to our troops. I remember feeling like it was just part of the Petraeus report and 9/11 anniversary campaign to drum up support for the war. I wasn't sure of it but now that that ad campaign seems to have imploded noone seems to be using it anymore. I have to say that it sounded kind of odd and it turned me off when I first heard it. I'm pretty glad they dumped it. I am pretty sure that Rs thought the Ds would say something against the slogan and then jump all over them for belittling our troops actions. I guess the bait didn't take so they hauled in their lines and decided to go fishing somewhere else.

No comments: