Thursday, November 29, 2007

Rove Re-Writes History



I have been following this for a number of days. I have actually been waiting to see if anyone would come out and support Rove's assertion that Congress was blood thirsty and pushed for war with their vote. So far that boy is standing out in the cold.

The very idea that the White House had its hand forced in some way to invade Iraq because of the vote to authorize the use of force is absolute nonsense. First of all, whether congress authorizes it or not, it is the role of the Commander in Chief to direct the actions of the armed forces. How he thinks he can escape this fact under the guise of not wanting to divulge the entirety of his book is fairly ridiculous if not just an outright ploy to sell more copies.

I don't have to tell you that there are numerous documented episodes in which the White House made it very clear that they urgently wanted authorization for the war and even used the election as a way to leverage support for pro-authorization votes. We all know that Bush didn't veto shit til the Dems took congress and many spending bills contained huge anounts of pork in order to buy votes for the war both prior to and after authorization. Are you fucking kiddin me Carl? I can't wait to read your book. I will of course be checking out from the library. There's no way I'm gonna pay for it.

No comments: