Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A note sent today to the Ward 49 website:

Good Morning,
Several weeks ago I sent a message in reference to a van that that has been rotting in the driveway of the building on the northwest corner of Fargo and Greenview. I received a prompt response from a memeber of the ward staf who spoke with the owner and was told that they planned to donate the vehicle to charity and that it would be gone within a few weeks.
As of this morning, the vehicle remains.

I don't know if there is any additional pressure or actions that can be taken to have the vehicle removed. There is no license on the vehicle, it is sitting on 4 flat tires, and I am concerned it will become a home to rats, mice or other pests. This building owner does not seem to care for the condition of their property which is shameful as it has the potential to be a jewel in the neighborhood.

Please let me know if there is anything at all I can do to support this effort.

Sincerely,
Michael Kaszynski

No comments: